OUR COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
For Our Patrons
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Facial masks must be worn by all patrons, covering their mouth and nose, everywhere inside our Festival venues. They may be removed to eat or drink when seated at designated areas in the venue, if there is one.
- All visitors are actively screened for contact tracing purposes upon arrival at the venues.
- We ask everyone to be respectful of each other’s personal space.
please note, there may be some exceptions to these protocols per venue-specific requirements. Aki studio will require proof of vaccination upon entry to the theatre.
FOR OUR STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, AND ARTISTS
- As of Oct 19, 2021, all employees (existing and new, full-time, and part-time), contract staff, volunteers, contractors & limited term personnel/artists, patrons, and third-party companies (which includes all participants in our annual festivals), must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination approved by the World Health Organization and accepted in Canada by Ontario’s QR code and verification app or a paper or digital receipt of vaccination with a form of government-issued identification.
- This COVID-19 Vaccination Policy applies to any individual attending work or performance for Toronto Fringe at the following premises (Toronto Fringe premises):
Toronto Fringe Office – 322-100 Broadview Avenue
Identified Festival locations and remote venues. These include all performance and event venues which Toronto Fringe will occupy to present its annual festivals, including its outdoor patio spaces (festival venues). Further, these include satellite festival administrative work sites, which Toronto Fringe will occupy to operate its festivals and programs.
- When Toronto Fringe is occupying any of its festival venues this COVID-19 Vaccination Policy will be in effect for any individual employed or engaged by Toronto Fringe and, if applicable, any additional vaccination or COVID-19 safety policies held by the venue operator.
- Any artist/staff member needing an exemption due to a medical condition or disability is required to complete the attached form and hand it in to the appointed Fringe staff member along with your negative COVID-19 test results, taken within the last 48 hours. Please read the COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Accommodation Form for more information. The exemption form and negative COVID-19 test results will be required every time you enter the theatre. Other accommodations, such as working from home if appropriate, may be put in place.
Information about COVID-19 vaccination status and/or negative COVID-19 tests must be submitted to Toronto Fringe, in accordance with the established process, as such information is reasonably necessary to assess the risk to Individuals. Vaccination records will be maintained documenting COVID-19 vaccination status and/or negative COVID-19 tests in a secure manner and will only be collected, used, or disclosed as may be necessary for legitimate operational purposes, or as directed or requested by governmental authorities. All information received by Toronto Fringe through this policy is confidential communication.
- Current Employees: all current full-time or part-time employees and all current contract staff working onsite must provide proof of being fully vaccinated within 30 days of this policy coming into effect.
Until a worker’s vaccination certification has been submitted and confirmed by Toronto Fringe’s designated representative, the worker may not enter onto any of the Toronto Fringe premises.
Workers currently working remotely must provide proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days in advance of attending work on site at a Toronto Fringe premises. Workers are entitled to 1 day paid leave for the purpose of getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
- New or returning employees and volunteers: all new or returning employees, seasonal contract staff, volunteers must provide proof of being fully vaccinated no later than 14 days prior to their first shift or scheduled day on any Toronto Fringe premises. This includes but is not limited to permanent employees, seasonal festival staff, volunteer ushers, etc.
- Contractors and limited-term employment: all new contractors and limited-term employees, including but not limited to freelance, unionized and non-unionized artists and production/technical personnel, must provide proof of being fully vaccinated before or at the time of contract execution. To be clear: effective October 19, 2021, Toronto Fringe will only engage and contract individuals who are fully vaccinated.
- Workers of a third-party company attending at any Toronto Fringe premises, including all program participants: all workers and associates of third-party companies are to pre-arrange approved visits or attendance at any Toronto Fringe premises, as well as present valid proof of full vaccination to Toronto Fringe’s designated representative upon entry to any Toronto Fringe premises. For program participants in the Festivals or ancillary programs, all participants and associates who need to attend to a Toronto Fringe premises for their event and/or scheduled activities will need to present proof of full vaccination for all members who will be present to the Toronto Fringe. If a medical reason prevents providing this document, program participants may attend by providing the results of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken in the last 48 hours.
- Visitors: At this time, any visitors to 100 Broadview Avenue must be pre-approved for admittance prior to arrival, and, if approved, must present valid proof they are fully vaccinated to the Toronto Fringe worker who is facilitating their visit in conjunction with the Managing Director prior to/upon arrival.
As of October 19, 2021, Toronto Fringe will only engage individuals (staff, volunteers, and contractors) who are fully vaccinated to be present in person until further notice.