What is the Accessible Lottery?
The Accessible Lottery is an additional lottery that is available for artists with a disability who have never produced a show at Fringe before. There is no fee to apply to the Accessible Lottery.
- The applicant will be required to disclose how they identify as a Deaf artist, Hard of hearing artist, Blind artist, low vision artist, sick artist, mad artist and/or artist with a disability. This information will be kept confidential. It is required in order to confirm eligibility as set by the terms of the category, and has no other bearing on the application.
- The main admin contact must have a permanent address in Ontario, Canada, have landed immigrant status, permanent residency, or Canadian citizenship.
- The main admin contact cannot have produced a show at the Toronto Fringe previously.
The show slot offered will be allotted from one of the following Main Lottery Categories, as indicated on the application:
- There is no participant fee to accept an Accessible category slot, and the participant is eligible for a production bursary.
- All single tickets are sold at general admission price.
- Applicants can apply to the Accessible Lottery ($0 CAN application fee) and Main Lottery ($29 CAN application fee).
- If eligible, applicants can apply to the CDAP Lottery and Accessible Lottery.
- Shows selected in the Accessible Lottery will be assigned to one of 15 performance venues at the discretion of the festival.
- Shows will be scheduled for a minimum of 7 performances by the festival, spread over the 12 days of the event.
If you require assistance or accommodation in this process, please contact Accessibility Manager Susan Wolf at email@example.com