Am I eligible for the NEXT STAGE?
- All primary applicants must have participated in a CAFF festival though they are not required to apply with a prior Fringe production. Past participation must have been by: the primary contact and/or the producing company and/or the playwright.
- New works, reworked projects, original adaptations and remounts are all eligible. Productions of work by notable playwrights or of “the classics” are not eligible.
- Productions from the Fringe Festival may be considered without an application. However, to guarantee that a juror sees your Fringe Festival production, you must officially apply.
- There is a $34 (HST included) reading fee for all applications.
A jury of industry experts evaluates applications as follows (% indicates how consideration is weighted):
- The readiness of the project and its participants to take advantage of the professional opportunities offered by the festival. (50%)
- The artistic content of the project and clarity of vision. (40%)
- The degree to which the piece expands, challenges or reconsiders its genre. (10%)