Next Stage Theatre Festival
Applications are now closed for NSTF 2016
January 6 – 17, 2016, 12 days of Canada’s best indie theatre
Returning for its 8th season in January, Next Stage (NSTF) showcases the work of ten up-and-coming “Fringe” artists, all staged at the Factory Theatre. Helping you remember the warm, summer days of July in January, Next Stage brings you 12 exciting days of theatre! With over 7,000 people attending the festival and over $70,000 in ticket sales, the Next Stage is here to help your production propel to the next level!
Perks of Next Stage Theatre Festival:
- Affordable ticket prices, ranging from $12-15.
- Artistic VIPs (including programmers) will be invited to attend the Festival to see artists’ work.
- A festival experience during the winter months.
- Participants receive 16 free hours of rehearsal space in our Creation Lab.
The Next Stage Theatre Festival was created to give promising Fringe artists development opportunities beyond the summer festival, supporting the evolution of their work and helping them reach broader audiences. The Fringe helps Next Stage artists deal with the challenges of mounting an independent production by offering financial, production, marketing, and technical support. We welcome proposals from emerging and mid-career artists.
Interested? A few things to note ….
- The playwright, primary contact or company must have participated in a CAFF festival, though they are not required to apply with a prior Fringe production.
- There is no participation fee for successful candidates.
- New works, reworked projects, original adaptations, site specific proposals, and remounts are all eligible. Productions of work by notable playwrights or of “the classics” are not.
- The festival is juried by local theatre professionals.
Click here to Apply for NSTF 2016
Applications are due May 21 at 5pm.
Please review the NSTF Eligibility before submitting your application.
Photos above by Brian Batista Bettencourt.