CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!
This year’s program is alive and kicking and ready to be picked up at all locations mentioned here!
Everybody’s idea of adventure is different; Toronto’s largest theatre festival caters to people’s eclectic tastes with 1,100+ fresh, innovative and often jaw dropping performances! Choose Your Own Adventure denotes the ability to craft your own experience from a diverse list of theatre, comedy and dance performances, venues, Tent Talks, Visual Fringe, Shed Shows and Fringe After Dark programming. Once again, it’s a call to action for diehard theatre fans and first time Fringers alike. It’s seldom that you come across a festival with 148 shows to choose from, all for a maximum ticket price of $12!
This year’s line-up consists of over 60 comedy shows, 14 dance and physical theatre shows, 30 dramas, 13 musicals, 20 national and 12 international companies hailing from cities such as Tokyo, Glasgow, Melbourne, Limerick and Oakland. Catch one of our 15 site specific productions in unexpected locations such as a boxing gym, a yoga studio, a synagogue and even a vintage clothing store in Kensington Market!
Ticket Prices: $12 in advance, $10 at the door
(FringeKids! performances for children 12 and under: $5 in advance and at the door)
To purchase, simply click here.
Want to know more?
- Our first festival was in 1989.
- Most festivals feature 150+ shows in 30+ venues – with a total of more than 1,100 performances.
- Even though we’re a theatre festival, the Fringe is more than just theatre! There’s also dance, visual art, buskers, site-specific performances, and more…
- The maximum ticket price is $12 and kids’ tickets are just $5.
- The Fringe Club, our outdoor festival headquarters, has tons of free programming!
- Lots of big shows got their start at the Toronto Fringe: The Drowsy Chaperone, Kim’s Convenience, ‘da Kink in My Hair, Mump and Smoot, My Mother’s Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding, and most recently, A Musical of Musicals: The Musical. You might just catch the next big hit
2014 Fringe Festival Gallery. Photos by Brian Batista Bettencourt
The Toronto Fringe is part of the “Fringe movement” – a worldwide network of indie theatre festivals. As the name suggests, the movement is about celebrating under-represented voices and those on the margins of the performing arts world. It’s a festival where anyone can put on any show, without having to pass through a jury – where theatre students can mount their first production outside of school, where emerging artists can get their big break, and where established artists can test out new work. It’s a festival where audiences come for the adventure and the community as much as for the plays themselves.
The Toronto Fringe is proud to be a member of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF). Like all CAFF festivals we follow three golden rules:
- All shows at the Fringe must be chosen at random by lottery, or on a first come/first served basis. Last year the Toronto Fringe received almost 700 applications to our lottery!
- 100% of the ticket price is returned to artists. Last year, CAFF festivals returned more than five million dollars to performing arts companies!
- We will never intervene in the artistic content of participating productions. These are your stories, this is your art.